Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Joined The Summer Challenge

As many of you have heard Biz over at http://biz319.wordpress.com/ other wise known as The Biggest Diabetic Loser is hosting a summer challenge for the blogging community. Thanks Biz! I decided to join in order to stay motivated and hopefully to lose this last 10+ blasted pounds!!

Also Helen at http://doingaone-eighty.blogspot.com/ is having a great give away of some really great weight loss and cook books. If you haven't checked it out please do so.

My May results were abysmal no changes inch or pound wise. I take that back I hit 158for a brief shiny day or two last week but I wasn't careful and I have bounced back up:(

While I was jogging this morning inside on my treadmill I had a light bulb moment so to speak. I feel guilty about some issues inside my marriage, and I have been eating junk with my husband to make myself feel better. The comfort of emotional eating never lasts especially when you see the scale bounce back up not slide.

I didn't make these problems by myself and it will take both of us to fix it or not but either way I have to make peace with myself you know? I love my husband with all my heart and we have been married for 13 years this last February 22 but the years have taken there toll on our love life if you know what I mean. Plus, I had a hysterectomy last October to keep from getting cancer and after wards my sex drive was GONE. After 7 months its still not back and I take hormone replacement therapy via a patch but I still have no sex drive....luckily for me my husbands sex drive is low too...This drought is now 8 months old the longest dry spell that we have had in our relationship ever!!

How we feel about ourselves as people has a direct bearing on our ability to focus on proper eating and exercise. I feel better already having just vented about the issues guilt is a killer for sure! Ugh.....

Going forward I am going to make sure I eat the way I know I need to for me. As for the rest both my husband and I will have to make a plan for change.

On the bright side of things today has been a good day food and exercise wise! Here's to a great June! Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully this challenge will help! I'm certainly looking forward to a more fit summer (and beyond!) thanks to Biz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if your hubby is thin or what but it certainly is hard if your spouse becomes your partner in crime with the food. Hopefully the 101 Days challenge will help you be strong and stay on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also joined summer challenge. But it is really tough.

    ReplyDelete